Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is a key role in our company structure. We are hiring Regional Sales Managers for every state in India. The RSM will lead a team of Sales Officers, each of whom will be responsible for a particular district of the state, in ensuring that our products reach both businesses and individual customers.
We are looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for our rapidly expanding FMCG business. The current requirement is for Karnataka, but we are also looking for RSMs in every state in India. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for hiring and managing a team of Sales Officers in every district of the state that they are in charge of.
At least 5 years of experience in the FMCG industry is a must, along with a degree related to the field (preference given to candidates who hold an MBA).
The RSM must be passionate and self-motivated, with good planning, management, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will need to hire and train Sales Officers, evaluate the work conducted by Sales Officers in the field, and adapt strategies to ensure that sales targets are met.
The candidate will also need to consistently meet sales goals and analyze trends to suggest innovative ways in which targets can be met.
Regional Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Promoting the company’s products after communicating with in-store management and marketing teams.
- Acting as the main point of contact with brokers, suppliers, and distributors in the region.
- Appointing Partners, Franchisees, Stockists & Distributors in the state and managing these relationships.
- Implementing sales goals and communicating them to key individuals.
- Preparing sales reports and submitting them to senior management.
- Communicating with Sales Officers & store managers to determine their needs.
- Promptly responding to customer requests.
- Maximizing growth potential of stores within the region.
- Ensuring that stores comply with industry regulations.
- Preparing budgets and analyzing the market.
- Collecting customer feedback and ensuring that it is implemented when necessary.
- Conducting market research and analyzing market trends.
Regional Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Finance, Business Management, or a related field). Candidates with an MBA are given first preference.
- At least 5 Years of experience in B2B & B2C sales (FMCG industry experience preferred).
- Map the trading markets and hubs in major cities of Karnataka (or the state that you are hired to manage).
- Target-oriented with a good history of sales in previous organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work under stress and resolve conflict.
- Sound organizational skills.
- The ability to motivate staff and lead a team.