Fenugreek or Methi seed is a herb that has been used in traditional and alternative medicine, as well as in culinary and industrial applications. It can be found throughout the Mediterranean, southern Europe, and western Asia. The seeds are used in cooking, medicinal, and as a flavor masker for various medications. Fenugreek seeds have a maple syrup-like aroma and flavor. The fenugreek seed extract is taken as a supplement in tablet form, and the seeds are used to make a therapeutic tea.
|Total Fat||0.24 g|
- Fenugreek seeds are packed with essential minerals, vitamins, and fibers that are great for our health.
- One spoon of fenugreek seeds contains 35 calories and several nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fat, manganese, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, etc.
- When you drink fenugreek seed-infused water on an empty stomach every day, your metabolism will be boosted, which will help you lose weight.
- They include natural fibers that help control your appetite and reduce calorie cravings. These seeds give you a feeling of fullness in your stomach, which can help you lose weight by reducing overeating.
- Fenugreek is taken by mouth for menstrual cramps, diabetes, high cholesterol, and many other conditions.
Fenugreek has been used for various culinary purposes for centuries. They are used in preparing various Indian dals and vegetable dishes. It’s a common addition in the preparation of pickles and chutneys, for a tangy aroma. In foods, fenugreek is included as an ingredient in spice blends. It is also used as a flavoring agent in imitation maple syrup, foods, beverages, and tobacco.